Since joining Ahmedabad University
20. Desai B, Patel A, Patel V, Shah S, Raval, MS, Ghosal, R (2022) Identification of free-ranging mugger crocodiles by applying deep learning methods on UAV imagery. Ecological Informatics, 101874.
19. Mallick S and Ghosal R (2022) Roadmaps for environmental protection and sustainable development in book titled “New Perspectives in Environmental Toxicology and its impact on Eco-System”, CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, Florida, U.S.A. Accepted, In press.
18. Panchal N, Desai C, Ghosal R (2022) Fecal glucocorticoid metabolite levels in captive Indian leopards (Panthera pardus fusca) housed under three different enrichment regimes. PLoS ONE 17(9): e0261796.
17. Ghosal R, Coulter AA, Sorensen PW (2022) Proof-of-Concept Studies Demonstrate That Food and Pheromone Stimuli Can Be Used to Attract Invasive Carp So Their Presence Can Be Readily Measured Using Environmental DNA. Fishes, 7(4), 176.
16. Mallick S, Raval H, Ghosal R (2022) Larger versus smaller heterospecifics: shoaling behavior in orange chromides, an endemic cichlid of the Indian subcontinent. Marine and Freshwater Behaviour and Physiology, 55, 35-44.
15. Desai B, Mukherjee S, Whitaker N, Ghosal R (2022) Anecdotal observations of ‘double clutching’ behaviour in captive Mugger crocodiles (Crocodylus palustris). Behaviour, 159, 887-897.
14. Sorensen PW, Rue MC, Leese JM, Ghosal R, Lim H (2019) A Blend of F Prostaglandins Functions as an Attractive Sex Pheromone in Silver Carp. Fishes 4, 27.
13. Bajer PG, Ghosal R, Maselko M, Smanski MJ, Lechelt JD, Hansen G, Kornis MS (2019) Biological control of invasive fish and aquatic invertebrates: a brief review with case studies. Management of Biological Invasions, 10 (2), 227-254.
12. Ghosal, R, Eichmiller, JJ, Witthuhn, BA, Sorensen, PW (2018) Attracting Common Carp to a bait site with food reveals strong positive relationships between fish density, feeding activity, environmental DNA, and sex pheromone release that could be used in invasive fish management. Ecology and Evolution, 00, 1-14.
Before joining Ahmedabad University
11. Escobar LE, Mallez S, McCartney M, Lee C, Zielinski DP, Ghosal R, et al. (2017) Aquatic Invasive Species in the Great Lakes region: An Overview. Reviews in Fisheries Science & Aquaculture 26, 121-138.
10. Makecha R, Ghosal R (2017) Elephant conservation: reviewing the need and potential impact of cognition-based education. International Journal of Comparative Psychology.
9. Ghosal R, Xiong P, Sorensen PW (2016) Invasive bighead and silver carps form different sized shoals that readily intermix. Plos one 11, e0157174.
8. Ghosal R, Sorensen PW (2016) Male typical courtship, spawning behavior and olfactory sensitivity are induced to different extents by androgens in the goldfish suggesting that they are controlled by different neuroendocrine mechanisms. General and Comparative Endocrinology, 232, 160-173.
7. Hansen A, Ghosal R, Caprio JT, Claus A, and Sorensen PW (2014) Anatomical and physiological studies of bigheaded carps demonstrate that the epibranchial organ functions as a pharyngeal taste organ Journal of Experimental Biology 217, 3945-3954.
6. Ghosal R, Seshagiri PB, Sukumar R, Ganswindt A (2013) Endocrine correlates of musth in free-ranging Asian elephants (Elephas maximus) determined by non-invasive faecal steroid hormone metabolite measurements. Plos One 8(12): e84787.
5. Ghosal R, Venkataraman A (2013) An adaptive system of vigilance in chital (Axis axis) herds in response to predation. Current Science 104 (6), 768-771.
4. Ghosal R, Seshagiri PB, Sukumar R. (2012) Dung as a potential source for inter-sexual chemical signaling in Asian elephants (Elephas maximus). Behavioural Processes 91, 15-21.
3. Ghosal R, Kalaivannan N, Sukumar R, Seshagiri PB. (2012) Assessment of estrus cyclicity in the Asian elephant (Elephas maximus) by measurement of progesterone metabolite 5α-P-3OH, using a non-invasive assay. General and Comparative Endocrinology 175, 100-108.
2. Ghosal R (2010) Studies on endocrine and behavioral assessment of reproductive status in Asian elephants (Elephas maximus). Thesis submitted to Indian Institute of Science, Series No. G23848.
1. Ghosal R, Sukumar R, Seshagiri PB (2010) Prediction of estrus cyclicity in Asian elephants (Elephas maximus) through estimation of progesterone metabolite: development of an enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay. Theriogenology 73, 1051-1060.